Beef tournedos with a crust of crispy shallots, fresh herbs and Grisons air-dried beef
Ingredients: Serves 4
1. Cut the beef fillet steaks, season then sear them in a little oil until cooked to desired doneness.
2. Set aside to rest.
3. Cut the Grisons air-dried beef into thin slices then fry it in oil heated to 170°C until it is dry and golden. Do the same with the shallots then drain them on kitchen paper.
4. Delicately mix all the ingredients taking care not to squash them. Gently heat the glaze and add it to the salad.
5. Season if necessary and arrange the beef fillet steaks nicely.
6. For the sweet and sour glaze, reduce the stock by half on a medium heat until quite thick then add all the ingredients and leave to infuse for one hour.
7. Strain and adjust the seasoning with the lime juice and salt.
8.In a saucepan, reduce the chopped shallots with the red wine, fresh thyme and bay leaf with no water.
9. Then pour in the veal stock and cook until the right consistency is obtained.
10. Sieve the sauce, add salt and pepper then add the butter with a whisk.