Trilogy of tuna with a wasabi tartare, red tuna belly with olive paste and tuna fillet with puffed quinoa and pink peppercorn.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- Chop the trimmings into small cubes, season with salt and pepper, add the olive and sesame oils, the ketchup, the wasabi cream and vinegar and mix. Shape four large balls and then roll them in the roasted sesame seeds. Cut the radish with a crinkle-edge cutter, form a ring and season with the sesame oil and Sherry vinegar.
- Prepare the tuna belly then pan-fry it in a little olive oil. Sear it well, taking care not to overcook it. It should be just cooked.
- Slice it thinly and add the black and green olive paste along with preserved tomatoes.
- Cut two good slices of red tuna.
- Using a little flour and a beaten egg, coat the tuna fillets with the puffed quinoa, the pink peppercorns and the roasted coriander.
- Just before serving, pan-fry them in the olive oil making sure to leave the inside raw. Cut them into fairly thin slices and serve them with a little tomato mayonnaise.
- Enjoy with white Sancerre Mégalithe for a perfect food and wine pairing!